Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday jams (11/21/2014)

Erin:
I was on vacation last week and was woefully under prepared for jams-time. Not so, this week!

I was listening to the Lydia Loveless album this week and the last track is a cover of the Kirsty MacColl song "They don't know." I didn't know it was Kirsty MacColl song, let alone that it had been covered by Tracey Ullman. For those of you who are too young to remember, Tracey Ullman's sketch comedy show is where the cartoon The Simpsons got its start.

Anyway, here is the Tracy Ullman version of the song:

And the Kirsty MacColl version:


Rachel:

Have I ever told you about the Cher Index of Personal Wellbeing? It's a scale I use to measure the level and nature of stress that I am under.  It uses a scale of 1 - 10, with 1 being not stressed at all.  I'm pretty sure that's on a logarithmic scale. Levels 1 - 7 can be measured by how much Cher you're listening to on your daily use personal device.  It's not normal to listen to no Cher, as it is unhealthy to have no stress.  But when you start to seek Cher out, to listen to large chunks of Cher, things might be getting bad.  Levels 8, 9, and 10 are all videos, and, well, maybe another time.  I'm rocking about a 6 or a 7 on the Cher Index of Personal Wellbeing, so we're going to watch the most hilariously bored horse of all time. Yeah, I know, I know, but Cher.


READER JAMS!

Friend-of-the-blog Jessica Olin responded to Rachel's post yesterday with her go-to jam for psyching herself up, and we share it here with you.





No comments: