Monday, September 29, 2014

The Whole Sad Story

This summer, the fifteenth anniversary of my brother's death came around. I made a playlist because that's the kind of thing I do.  Erin asked if I would share it (back then) and now I have this platform, so here it is. I include the albums in the playlist as the videos may be different versions than the ones on my real playlist.

Side 1:

1. Keep On The Sunny Side from Will The Circle Be Unbroken by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and featuring Mother Maybelle Carter.

2.  The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down from The Band by The Band


3. World Without Tears from World Without Tears by Lucinda Williams


4. Elvis Presley Blues from Time (The Revelator) by Gillian Welch

5. Midwestern Arms (live performance from REV 105 Radio Archive) by Dead Hot Workshop


6. Loneliness House from Slant 6 Mind by Greg Brown

7. Let Go from Born Under by Martin Zellar


8. Miles Davis' Funeral from Cure For Pain by Morphine (as outro)


Side 2:

1. Jubilee from Stones In The Road by Mary Chapin Carpenter


2. Somewhere Else from Back To Me by Kathleen Edwards

3. Tear Stained Eye from Trace by Son Volt

4. Life Ain't Always Beautiful from Tough All Over by Gary Allan

5. These Days In An Open Book from The Dust Bowl Symphony by Nancy Griffith

6. Boulder to Birmingham from Profile: Best of Emmylou Harris by Emmylou Harris

No comments: