Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday jams (10/10/2014)

Erin:
For a while now, one of my favorite bands has been Against Me!, a punk band out of Gainesville. Their lead singer, Laura Jane Grace, has a web series on AOL On called True Trans, which debuts today. In honor of that, I wanted to share the video for my favorite Against Me! song called "Borne on the FM waves of the heart." It features Tegan Quin from Tegan and Sara and it's pretty much the perfect sad song.


A weird aside: Australian singer Ben Lee covered New Wave, the album this song comes from, in it entirety and released it for free. It's kind of amazing.

Rachel:
Okay, it's still Erin. Rachel is still off at the ALA/Harwood Institute Public Innovators Lab in Atlanta and it's my job to post Rachel's jam: Salt-N-Pepa's Push it.

Here's Salt-N-Pepa performing Push it live in 2011 at the SiriusXM Backspin studios:


When I was looking for a version of that song to put on the blog, I also came across the video entitled "Animals dancing to Salt-N-Pepa's Push it" and, well, it's exactly what it sounds like.


You're welcome. Happy Friday.

No comments: